LOCATION: Churchill Square Shopping Centre, Brighton
PAY RATE: £10.79 PER HOUR
WORKING HOURS: 22 HOURS PER WEEK
SHIFT PATTERN: two week rolling roster
Churchill Square Shopping Centre is Brighton’s main shopping complex and is in the heart of Brighton benefitting from easy commuting from the city centre and surrounding areas, it offers discounted benefits from certain retailers. As part of the ABM security team, you will also benefit from full uniform with an annual refresh, access to Perkbox employee benefit scheme which includes discounted e-vouchers for most retailers, including Gyms, holidays, and car rentals to name a few, it also offers employee assistance program which hosts 24/7 365 independent support for all colleagues. This position is for a Part Time
Customer Service Advisor working an average of 22 hours per week, on a two week rolling rota, at £10.79 per hour. We offer 28 days annual leave including public holidays (pro rata for par time workers).
Online E learning is readily available which supports our comprehensive Learning & Development programmes offered to all ABM colleagues. Full training and induction programme for all colleagues with a one team approach this is a fantastic opportunity to join our team.
Churchill Square Shopping Centre Advisors are responsible for the safety and welfare of members of the public who visit the Centre, to ensure that they have a pleasant shopping experience without fear of any incidents occurring which may affect that experience.
They are also responsible for ensuring that assistance is afforded to all customers who visit Churchill
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
To deliver high quality service to our customers in person, by telephone and by e-mail, as per the Shopping
Centre customer service mission statement – “Working together to provide the best possible Customer
To provide customers and all other visitors information about and assistance with the following:
- The Shopping centre facilities and retailers
- Job vacancies in the Shopping Centre
- Centre car parking information and tariffs
- Promote and sell the Gift Cards- processes card payments and keep precise record of sales and transactions
- Forthcoming events within the centre and local area.
- Additional services offered by the Shopping Centre, for example Shopmobility.
- Brighton City Centre facilities
- Community services in the locale
- Local transport information and schedules
- Directions to/information about local tourist attractions
- To deal with customers in a professional manner, offering an immediate solution whenever possible to the customer and passing relevant comments to Centre Management.
- To deal with customer complaints in the same manner as above.
- Answering the phones.
- Assisting with various Admin tasks
- Dealing with lost/found property.
- Passing on information to Security in relation to incidents within the Centre
- Reporting defects/spillages within the Centre.
Administrative Tasks- Under direction from the Centre Managers.
- To communicate and liaise effectively and accurately all relevant information to Tenants, Centre managers and Security.
- Working as part of a team providing customer service support where required.
- Ensuring that information displayed is kept up to date. Stocks and supplies of relevant material are re- ordered as appropriate.
- Updating the Job Vacancies list daily.
- Typing, filing and administration to support the operation of CSD and the Centre Management Team as appropriate.
- Collecting and providing feedback to the Centre Management on visitor comments, including written reports
- Maintaining accurate and computerised databases on all necessary information regarding the centre and other relevant resources.
- Using and maintain spreadsheets to up-date statistical data and performance monitoring information as required by the Centre Management Team.
- Understanding the buildings unlocking and locking up procedures and assist if necessary
- To assist in emergency situations
- Managing the photocopying for the tenants
- Undertake learning and development activities, such as attending training events.
- Work with the Centre Management Team in conducting surveys for the CSD service and similar customer service activities
- Support retailers by developing and building relationships
- Log and update Centre Faults
- To work alongside colleagues, contractors, and customers in a pleasant and co-operative manner.
- To ensure the CSD desk is well-presented, tidy, looks professional and is welcoming to all customers.
- The items itemised above do not touch on all the issues which may call for your attention, and from time to time you will be expected to complete additional tasks reasonably by the Centre Management Team.
- Promote a clean and safe working environment by ensuring all tasks are conducted in line with company policies and procedures.
- Have strong customer service skills.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are applied in complying with legislation and company policy and procedure.
- Maintain critical standards for professionalism, service, speed, and quality assurance.
- Adhere with new policies and procedures to ensure that a respectful workplace exists.
- Sound communications skills.
- Good Customer Service
- Must be able to respond effectively to urgent customer requests
- Must have attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adapt to change
To apply for this role please send your CV to [email protected]